Thursday 14 August 2014

A Home Made of Memories

I got so much enjoyment from the sneak peek into Paige Morse's home on Design*Sponge, and reading her story, I knew I wanted to share some of those images. Paige is an interior, prop & wardrobe stylist, and an art director, so she spends most of her days executing other people's visions. For this reason it's very important to have a home that is a true representation of her own personal style.




Like me, Paige is a textile fanatic, and loves colour and pattern. Her home is filled with textiles and furnishings that she's collected on her travels. One beautiful sofa is covered in vintage kilim rugs, topped with a throw from Mexico and cusions from India. Another is a hand-me-down from her mother and Paige has re-covered it in gorgeous blue velvet. Everything tells a story.




Paige loves to create little vignettes using treasured pieces that are filled with memories.




The kitchen is a replica of Paige's grandmother's kitchen, which is perfect for the period of the home. Key to creating that feel was the cast iron sink and wall-mounted tap.



I especially love Paige's explanation of her bedroom, painted black in rebellion (she always wanted a black bedroom as a teenager but was never allowed). "My house is so filled with colour, sometimes I need a little reprieve," says Paige. "This is pretty much my version of simple, because I usually prefer a lot more pattern and colour. But if you look closely, it's all still there. Just subtle and quiet versions of my favourites".

Photography by Lauren Logan


Click here to read the full article and see more of Paige's beautiful home.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips