Tuesday 12 August 2014

Introducing Colour

After some recent blog posts with beautiful subdued colour palettes, I thought I'd better let you know that I haven't lost my love of vibrant colour. Here are some examples of how you can inject some brightness into your home in a less conventional way.


via


Lots of people paint their front door, but how many paint it bright magenta?! It looks stunning alongside the bougainvillea.


via


These owners took it to a whole new level when they painted their garage door in a pinwheel pattern.


via


Keep your creative juices flowing on the inside of your house. A painted pattern on the wall replaces the need for art.


via


How about a shot of intense block colour in your curtains?! The sheer fabric allows the light to filter through softening the effect.


via


A simple stick found on your walk, or in your garden, can be turned into a piece of art with the help of some brightly coloured yarn.


via


Painting individual floorboards is yet another unique way to introduce colour into your home. I hope you've been inspired by one or more of these creative ideas. Which is your favourite?

6 comments :

  1. I love bougainvillea! I also had that bedroom picture save...I think I am going to have a go at those yarn sticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have a go at those yarn sticks too Jodie. I've seen people do it to trees, fences, bike stands... all sorts of things - very clever! x

      Delete
    2. Great use for the little plastic rubber band/bracelet things that are the craze at the mo. My daughter has joined a huge pile of them together to make a 10m long string. I have suggested this to her, for around a lampshade. She is still resisting, but I may yet wear her down!!

      Delete
    3. My daughters love those loom bands too. They've made me several bracelets, and have also joined a whole lot together to make a long string. It's nice to see them doing something creative that doesn't require a digital device :)

      Delete
  2. HI Vic - I've long intended to paint floor of the funny little sleep out at our beach house with the striped floor boards. Just never got around to it. Might be inspired again! So fun and quirky. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your beach house sleep out is the perfect place to get creative, Rachel. Go for it x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips